Saturday, January 9, 2010

what would I eat on death row?

My very last meal would have to be quite spectacular, I feel it is difficult to say as I havenèt really tasted all that there is in the world to really decide.

The food experience I had this summer has definitely broadened this statement as I know how delicious food can actually be.

I don't often get to eat home cooked meals unless I make the time to try and make something myself. I am a far cry from even a moderately experienced amateur, but I can make simple meals. However they all do not measure up at all to the Italian cooking I tasted this summer along with the pleasant surprises of re-discovering Croatian food.

Eventually I think it would come down to comfort food, or soul food. Something that recalls a good memory. For me, at this point it would be that white wine I had in Rome which I can't remember the name of, a ricola and parmesan cheese salad, my grandfather's home made gnocchis covered in his special fish sauce, sour cherry syrup juice, fabrizio's marguerita pizza with chilly flakes, carbonated water and finally a slice of springtime tiramisu cake that was made for my birthday while I was in Acquapendente.

I guess what I'm saying is that it should be a banquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment