Saturday, January 9, 2010

Analyze a flyer

Having worked at 2 largesupermarkets under the same company, I needed to know the organization of flyers to point out to customers what is in fact on special and what is not or how to read it.

Not all flyers are the same. Some flyers like that of the Loblaws supermarket put a lot of funding into their flyers and photograph their products very well and advertize them as being absolutely salivating. The flyer can soemtimes be a catalogue making it quite complicated.

Maxi's flyer on the other hand is very simple and straight forward, front page are weekly specials, inside and back are monthly specials.

I can't say whether or not there is a correlation with the flyers of a store and who comes to buy their produce, but I'm sure there is a small link.

Having worked in these two supermarkets I've noticed their differences even though they are both under Provigo.

While I was at Loblaws I noticed that there are quite a bit of celebrities who shop at the one I used to work at, namely Quebec celebrities who would sometimes cause a small ruckus amongst other shoppers, thus giving Loblaws a more high class feel. One christmas a band played carols in front of all of the cash registers serenading the customers as they shopped. Another time an Italian chef who was popular at the time (Chef Pasquale) on french television was invited to cook up a meal, an incredible amount of people showed up.

At maxi I haven't passed any celebrity, the prices are more affordable and the specials are frequent, in effect, it's the better place to shop to save money but it doesn't have the glitz that Loblaws gets to float around with.

It's a general statement but interesting to note anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment